More Arizonans than ever before can apply for AHCCCS (pronounced “access”), Arizona’s Medicaid program. AHCCCS health insurance is similar to health insurance offered by employers. It helps pay for doctor visits, hospital costs, and prescription drugs for you and your family. It also helps you avoid big medical bills and stay healthy.
- Individuals whose incomes are at or below $16,394 each year, or a family of four earning at or below $33,534 annually can sign up.
- Citizens or immigrants (those generally who have lived here legally for five years or more) can receive AHCCCS coverage for no monthly cost.
KidsCare is back! The Children’s Health Insurance Program in Arizona re-opened on in the summer of 2016 with coverage starting September 1, 2016. To learn about eligibility and income limits, click here.
Many Arizonans can now find a health insurance plan that fits their budget when they choose to buy it through the HealthCare.gov Marketplace.
- Individuals earning about $47,520 per year or a family of four earning almost $97,200 each year may be able to receive financial help, making the monthly amount that you pay for insurance more affordable.
- Legal immigrants (including those who do not qualify for AHCCCS) may also be able to receive financial help.
- Last year, eight-in-ten Arizonans received financial help to make it more affordable to pay for a Marketplace health insurance plan.
For most people, Marketplace coverage can only be purchased during a limited time each year, namely from November 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017. Exceptions are made for those experiencing big life changes, such as a marriage, divorce, loss of a job or a new baby.
Of course, for people aged 65 and older, Medicare continues to provide affordable health coverage as it has done in the past.
Interested? Schedule free in-person help to sign up for AHCCCS or Marketplace coverage. You can also apply directly:
So how do you figure it all out? Every situation is unique, and the Cover Arizona Coalition provides FREE help. Click here to use the Get Covered Connector to make a convenient appointment, or call 1-800-377-3536 to make an appointment